I have always been told that my wisdom is older than my years, even from a young age. However I have also been told that I look very young. So it seems, as a Mother of One walking around the shops I receive glares and even strangers coming up to me and asking, ‘Are you his sister?’ As they point to my one year old son. I look down at what I am wearing, very respectable blouse and skirt and nice sandals, definitely a far cry from what would be perceived as a young teenager Mum, surely?
It seems age really is ageless. Everything we do and act should be matched to a specific age. Attend school, you are a child. Attend College, you’re a young adult. In the workforce, you’re an adult or in my case after working in an organisation for over a year, the Head Boss asked how long my work experience was going for, as he thought I was 16 years of age, ‘actually sir, I am employed full time.’
It’s interesting now how there are people all around the world pushing these boundaries, you can see fifty year old’s returning back to School for new training in a course that was never available to them as a child. You can see teenagers starting the workforce early as they want their dreams to be achieved sooner rather than later. The world is transforming from what is a standard way of living for a particular age to what you want to do in life – go out and do it because life is short. Why waste it doing something you don’t enjoy?
And that brings me right back to why I write. I write to inspire all those who read my work to take time to discover what you want from life and then just go out there and do it. Chase your dreams. Thank you Paula Mills for nominating my blog the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! To feel like I have inspired and touched people’s lives through my words is a wonderful feeling that will continue to push me to write and spread the message as far as it will go, to chase your dreams.
The rules for receiving this award are as follows.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
The Questions to be answered
- Your favorite color – Pink. But I also love Blue.
2. Your favorite animal – First animal that comes to mind are dogs. I have always had a special bond with dogs in my life.
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink – The Mexican Mocktail – Liquid Love – strawberry and mango slush – so delish if I drink too fast I get brain freeze.
4. Facebook or Twitter – Both. I find while laying in bed I think of all these cool one liners to add to Twitter by the time I jump back on the computer – it’s forgotten. I enjoy Facebook as I can share images and messages to my fans.
5. Your favorite pattern – Pattern? I am not very domesticated. Next question …
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Both! I love getting giddy about buying and wrapping a gift for someone but I also love the thrill of seeing what’s inside a gift to me.
7. Your favorite number? 3.
8. Your favorite day of the week? Thursday’s have always been a favourite. Wednesday is hump day and as most people enjoy this day, I found Thursday to be a sure sign it was moving quicker to the weekend.
9.Your favorite flower? I like a mixed arrangement with lots of colour and greenery. Orchards are pretty too.
10. What is your passion? Bringing my son up in a fun, learning, imaginative environment. Writing. And Inspiring others to live their life to the fullest.
… and in no specific order the nominees are:
http://smellitch.wordpress.com/ SMELLitch – who did an awesome interview of my first novel, Entice Me.
http://chicklitgoddess.com/ Isabella Louise Anderson – the Chick Lit Goddess who is helping the chick lit genre and community grow strong.
http://bestchicklit.com/ – Best Chick Lit is an online blog and network that is helping self-published and indie authors to promote their works. Very professional and a magnitude of book reviews, interviews and much to amuse yourself for hours if you let it.
http://scottamartin.org/ – One of my new favourite blogs, as I still have yet to explore some of his posts, the ones I have read and have really made me think about how I live my own life. Quite interesting.
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6533956.Jessica_Kong/blog?auto_login_attempted=true – Jessica Kong – An Author with a kind heart
http://lisaday.weebly.com/ – Lisa Day – An Author who has taught me many things in the marketing front of self-publishing.
http://popstorygimi.blogspot.com.au/ – Winsome Campbell-Green – an inspiring outlook on life.
http://paigebleu.blogspot.com.au/ – A woman who touches all those who read her work. Just enjoying what she does best, write.
http://yvonnemcevaddy.wordpress.com/2012/03/ – Yvonne – A Mum who writes Novels. As most Mum’s out there know – limited time and a long list of other duties is always on the horizon, so making time to write is a big reward for those who dare to try it.
http://travelingwitht.wordpress.com/ – Traveling with T was a blog site I stumbled across on and found the book reviews and rants and raves quite interesting.
http://paulamariemills.wordpress.com/ is also a favourite, well-written, humorous and sometimes dramatic blog that I enjoy reading. This blog is already nominated for this award, however please check out her blog for an entertaining read.